Third Monday of each month
Due to several holidays in 2018, the following meetings will be not be held on the Monday. These exceptions are as follows:
* February 2018 meeting will be on February 20.
* May 2018 meeting will be on May 22.
6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Mill Cove Sobeys in the Community Room (955 Bedford Hwy)
We are a volunteer-based group with a focus on support in a safe, caring and empowering environment. We embrace living life to the fullest.
- Respect the confidential nature of our meetings. Please do not share the names and stories you hear at these meetings, outside of meetings.
- Be open-minded and respect the diversity of this group in relation to all things including age, culture, experience, choices made and opinions held. This allows us to speak freely without fear of prejudice or discrimination.
- Use “I” statements instead of “should” statements in sharing your thoughts and experiences. The only experiences and feelings we know to be true are our own. If you are looking for medical advice please call your health care provider.
- Be mindful of our time and do your best to stay on topic and make sure everyone has a chance to share.
- Refrain from holding side conversations while someone is speaking. We are a group: please share your thoughts, feelings and opinions with the entire group, not just the individual next to you.
- Turn cell phones off or on vibrate.
- Be mindful of foul language.
- And the most important – Share your humour. We love to laugh.